CMPA photoshop project! I tried to integrate a real picture with a completely painted character. It definitely isn’t perfect, but it was very experimental for me, so I’m pretty pleased with the result. I might come back and put some more work in on it later on. She’s a lil swamp nymph I guess.
Throwback to about two years ago to one of my most difficult personal projects of all time: BEV! I am so determined to one day put this design to good use, but for now she makes special feature appearances in my sketchbooks from time to time. ;)
The maquette is just under a foot high, and it is made of wire, aluminum foil, sculpey, paint, and there’s some twine for shoe laces haha.
I got a couple beautiful copies of this in the mail today!!! I couldn’t be more pleased with the final product, and I am honored to have my art featured as the cover of this book by the fantastic Heather Lyons.